With the days getting shorter and leaves scattering the ground, it’s clear that summer is well and truly out and autumn is in. Although this means worse weather, fashion lovers everywhere know it also means better clothes! There’s no denying that autumn/winter fashion outshines spring/summer, with endless opportunities to layer, accessorise and embellish. The following blog will show you how to make the transition from summer to autumn with the season’s must-have key pieces from Barnardo’s. Everything featured was under £10 and all from fabulous brands, meaning you can buy more clothes whilst doing your bit for charity – everyone’s a winner! Enjoy :
- Current obsession and an autumn must-have is the midi skirt. You will find loads of different varieties in stores in fabulous prints, pleats, fabrics and textures. Below are a few of the more recent ones I have picked up in the Glasgow branch.
These look great with plain tees and a statement necklace, or for an evening look wear a long sleeved crop and show some skin. Team them with a leather or denim jacket to give them an edge. The purple one in the middle is by Jaeger and was only £2.99 – a total steal!
- Floral prints are a must this season. I couldn’t believe my luck when I came across this stunning maxi skirt in gorgeous autumnal colours. Don’t be scared to wear bold prints in autumn.Stand out from the crowd and wow your friends with something similar. I kept my top plain to highlight the print of the skirt and added a vintage leaf necklace to keep the autumnal vibe going throughout. I also found this fabulous bohemian button front floral dress, which can be nipped in at the waist to keep it feminine using any belt. Never go by size in a charity shop – this dress is a size 22 and I’m a 10/12, it just goes to show it’s how you style it!
- Whites aren’t just for summer. I picked up this embroidered FCUK dress for only £5.99 and it looks great layered up. When it gets colder, I will be wearing this with a chunky knit and Chelsea boots, but for now it looks great with a plain tee underneath and a denim jacket on top. A gold chain dresses it up and ankle boots are an absolute must!
- Knitwear doesn’t have to mean long sleeved and heavy. These knitted t-shirts in pink and orange are ideal to keep you on trend but not feeling hot and bothered! The bright colours will add a pop of fun to your outfit and they are perfect with midi skirts or ripped denim.
- Midi doesn’t have to just be for skirts. Midi dresses are a total must have. This black print one is ideal for work as it’s both smart and stylish. Charity shop finds look amazing teamed with a bit of designer – I’ve added my Moschino belt to this fantastic £3.99 retro dress. No one would ever guess it was so cheap!
I hope this helps you to get started on finding your key pieces for the season! Invest in a great pair of boots and a leather bag for the winter and build your wardrobe around these at your local Barnardo’s. It’s amazing what you can find for such cheap prices. Follow me on Instagram – tinadavis89 to keep up to date with my latest finds.
Martina Davis x