It’s day 2 of London Recycles, Repair Week and do we have a treat for you. Today the super creative Handmade By Holly has the perfect up-cycle idea for old socks. Yes, you heard right, old socks. Check out the video below and the easy 5 step guide. What are you waiting for? It’s time to get creative!
This is a super easy upcycle turning some old socks into cosy hand warmers. All you need is some thick socks, a needle and thread and some extra detailing you’d like to add, this could be buttons, beads, lace, embroidery thread etc.
- Cut off the toes of the socks so your hands can fit through.
- Fold the sock at the heel and snip off the point. Only cut off a bit as this is where your thumb will go through.
- Set your machine to a zigzag stitch and sew a lettuce hem. Remember to pull on the fabric so you get the ruffle/lettuce effect.
- Cut and measure the fluff to size and sew on by hand.
- Hand sew on the beads to add on the final finishing touches!
This is a great way to repurpose your old socks and would make a great present for someone. Get creative!”
Want to feature on The-Thrift? Comment below and we’ll get in touch!